WinNUT - The Windows Network UPS Tools
- 4/5/2010 - Ronald Wells has setup hosting for the source code in Google Code and has added basic hibernation support. Check there for the most recent updates.
- 4/8/2006 - WinNUT 2.0.0b has been released - added recognition of Windows 2003 Server and Windows Vista
- 4/5/2004 - WinNUT 2.0.0a has been released - supports NUT versions 1.4.x and later
- 11/9/2003 - WinNUT 1.2.1a does not work with NUT releases 1.5 and later. (see 1.2.1a release page for more info)
- 2/11/2003 - WinNUT 1.2.1a has been released. Tested successfully against NUT versions 0.50.0 and 1.2.1 - should work with all versions 0.44.0 thru 1.4.x
What is WinNUT
WinNUT is a partial port of the Network
UPS Tools (NUT) to Windows. The NUT package is a suite of tools to monitor
Uninteruptable Power Supplies (UPS's) that provide a serial connection to
monitor and edit their status and configuration. It provides access this
status and configuration information through the network. It is currently
available for the various Unix flavor OS's. See
the NUT homepage for full details.
The source code for the windows port is made available under the terms of the
General Public License
What has currently been ported
Currently, only the monitoring utility has been ported. This allows you
to monitor a ups with a serial (or usb) connection to another machine,
but that powers both. It
allows for messages from the ups to be displayed on the windows machine (ie
a popup window when the power fails and when it is restored), and can also
shutdown windows (and power down the machine, if supported) when the ups
is about to run out of battery power.
What windows versions are supported
Theorically all Win9x/ME and NT/2000/XP/2K3/Vista are supported, however
I don't have a full
array of systems to test against. Here is a list of OS's I've successfully
tested against or have had reports of success or problems.
Platform list for full details
Latest versions now hosted on Google Code
Announcement Mailing list - There is a read-only announcement mailing list that is used for WinNUT release announcements.
To subscribe, send "subscribe winnut-announce" to email@example.com.
Please let me know () if you run into
problems installing or using WinNUT. Please include the WinNUT version, Windows
version, and NUT version you are using. Also, if you can submit relevent
portions of the log files - that's usually a huge help in tracking down the